Monday, December 14, 2009

Creche

Creche - a representation of Christ's nativity in the stable at Bethlehem.
December 14, 2009



I love nativities. I have a few, this one is the one we got in Ensenada, Mexico. There's nothing really special about it, except that I got it in Mexico. I like the coppery brown color of it, it's a nice change from the typical white, and I have 3 of those. One of them is a very large set, including a BIG camel, that I got when my Grandma Whaley died. Why no one wanted it is beyond me. It's made of ceramic, and glazed all white. I don't know if my Grandma made it or if someone made it as a gift for her. I tried to use that one for my picture today, but it is so large I had a hard time getting it all in the picture without having to stand so far back that nothing was identifiable.



I baked chicken and rolls for dinner today. I was so excited to find out that I can do rolls easily in 3 hours. I hadn't done rolls since I started working until 2, but now that I know it can be done, we are back to having fresh rolls again with dinner. We had missed that.

1 comment:

jenneday said...

I love,love nativites too! Sorry to tell you I got grandma Walker's (maybe she had more then one) My mom made it for her and I was supposed to give it back to her, but that never happened.oops I am asking for a copy of Gone with the Wind from Santa. After reading your blog daily I seem to be in the mood for it.