Friday, December 4, 2009

Done


Done - Having been carried out or accomplished; finished.
December 4, 2009
As a matter of fact, I have used this word before, but having looked through every thesaurus I could find, there just wasn't a synonym that worked as well. The word "done" has a sense of finality to it that is appropriate in this instance that most similar words simply do not convey.
So . . . it is done. There has been blood (needle pricks), there have been tears. The whole thing measures 12.5" x 12.5" (the top and bottom are cut off in the photo) and darn near every single square is stitched. I made the kids shut off the movie we were watching when I finished so we could have a moment of silence at the completion of the NEVER ENDING project. The ceremonial burning of the pattern will follow sometime this weekend, unless some crazy person speaks up and lays claim to this horrific pattern that I never want to see again . . . EVER!!
Today whilst checking the PG Jr. High website, I discovered that they had for sale 9th Grade Hoodies that had all the students names on, etc. What a great Christmas gift! I thought to myself. I ran screaming up to the jr. high, intending to get there before the parking lot became a zoo with all the parents picking kids up. Whew! Made it in time. So I went into the office to place the order, and they asked for my student's name. I told them Taylor Funk, and they looked it up and told me that a hoodie had already been ordered for that student earlier this week. Naturally, I asked "by whom?" The order was paid in cash, so they didn't know who ordered it. "Could Taylor have ordered it?" They asked me. "No," I replied, because as far as I knew, after paying her phone bill she was out of money. They sent me to Mrs. Harris room since she had the original order forms and maybe I could identify the handwriting? School was getting out in about 2 minutes, so I left a message on Taylor's phone that I was at the school and could drive her home if she wanted, meet me at the office. I went on down to Mrs. Harris room, and she found the order form for me, and yes, that was Taylor's writing. GRRRR! Foiled again! So I headed back to the office to meet Taylor, but ran into her in the hall on my way there. She asked why I was there, and I told her the story and called her "Bad Daughter" for messing up my genius plan. I call her "Bad Daughter" whenever she does something that irks me, but this was especially bad since I thought I had come up with such a genius idea, and she never once mentioned to me that she even wanted a hoodie. So when you see Taylor, do me a favor and reinforce my poor parenting techniques and call her "Bad Daughter." I promise, she'll smile for you.

No comments: