Monday, May 11, 2009

Hydrangea


Hydrangea - An ornamental shrub with large clusters of white, pink, or blue flowers.
May 11, 2009
I'm babysitting Lane's grandma's hydrangea that she got for Mother's Day while she is out of town for 2 weeks. It's huge, gorgeous, and I'm not sure I want to give it back when she returns.
Since Grandma is out of town and Lane wanted to sleep since he had to get up early for baseball practice and I got held up at work extra long there was no baking today. In fact, I think I may have forgotten to have dinner! I had two oranges around 4:00 and the kids made themselves sandwiches. I did get some new silicone bakeware in the mail that I had ordered. So much new fun stuff to experiment with, if I can just find some time! Too much stuff is going on this week, and so I think I won't get a chance to do anything at all until Thursday, if then. May is always so busy with baseball games and all the stuff that comes with the school year winding up.
Tomorrow we have a very busy day. We have to go up to PCMC for Addie's check up. It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year since her surgery! It is likely to be a long visit with the usual EKG and chest xray, plus they have scheduled an echocardiogram (sp??) for her this time. The echo alone takes an hour. Then we have to still see the cardiologist after all that, and we always try to eat up there in the cafeteria. That is our way of giving her something exciting to look forward to in our effort to keep the hospital a happy place rather than a scary place. After that I have a Mother's Day dinner with Jack's cub scouts, and then we are scheduled for the late baseball game at 8:00. LONG DAY!! Then Wednesday is piano and a game, Thursday is Taylor's choir performance, and on and on it goes.

No comments: