Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Appeasement

Appeasement - The policy of granting concessions to potential enemies to maintain peace.
May 13, 2009


This definition just makes me giggle because Lane and I have really gone the rounds on to-own-or-not-to-own a truck. He has a million lame reasons why he needs a truck, and I have a million valid reasons why he doesn't. All kidding aside, we agreed that the time had come to find a truck, but wanted an old beater type so we could still keep the Focus for him to drive to work in, making a truck a third vehicle, meaning I didn't want to spend a ton of money to have something sit in the driveway most of the time. So today I saw a nice looking older truck at a dealership that we drove by and suggested that we go have a look, but he wanted first to go to a dealership of a friend of ours to look again at a truck that we have looked at a bunch of times but can't afford. So when we got to Ty's dealership, there was this truck. We gave it the obligatory "walk around" and tire kicking and were pretty impressed. Lane guessed that it was about an 88 or 89 but it looked like it had been well cared for. Lane popped the hood and I don't think I have ever seen an engine sparkle, but this one did! Ty came out and gave us the keys and we took it for a spin. Keep in mind that I have been the one dragging my feet on getting a truck but I fell in love with this truck. It drove remarkably smoothly for a truck that old (turned out it's a 93) and the interior is very nice, with the exception of a little wear you would expect of a truck this old. The price was exactly what I had been wanting to pay, and so we got it. Maybe now Lane will stop crying in his sleep, for a little while anyway until he starts in again about how he needs a newer truck, and he'll have a million lame reasons why, and I'll have a million valid reasons why not.


In other news, Jack's team played their best game tonight. They beat the other team 11-4 and everyone played so well! Jack struck out once (but did hit a foul ball in the process) and hit a grounder on his second at bat. Unfortunately he hit it straight to first base and he's not a fast runner so he was out at first (not by much!) but we were all so proud that he got a hit. It was such a fun game to watch. The wind started to blow a little bit when the sun went down, (stupid mysterious vortex) but was warmer than last night.


My arms are still unbelievably sore from all those bicep curls. I can kinda straighten the left arm, but I still have to keep the right at a 45 degree angle. This is by far the stupidest thing ever. I do bicep curls all the time and I've never had a problem like this. Surely it's not that I'm pushing 40. There must be another explanation that doesn't hurt my feelings.

1 comment:

Molly said...

All right Lane!!!