Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's not my fault

And the good news is that I'm not crazy after all, nor is my computer as bad off as last night. I really can blame it on the internet. I got a facebook message today that one of my favorite sites, and the one I was trying to access last night when the computer kept hanging, had some troubles. FANTASTIC! It is always so comforting to know that I'm not the one to blame. Some people had their computers get infected by trying to access the site. Luckily, my Norton kept that from happening! So I'm up and running today at my usual slow speed. But I've gotten used to the slowness now. How sad is that?



Taylor had her final choir concert tonight. The choirs were great, as always. Several students spoke and dedicated the final number, You Raise Me Up, to someone inspirational in their lives. Taylor spoke (this was news to me) and said nice words about how Addie inspires her. Guess who left Addie at home? Yeah. Great mom I am. In my defense, I had to quickly drop in at a wedding reception on my way to the concert and didn't really want to deal with her and Jack. If Taylor had just told me what was going on, I certainly would have changed the plan. But she didn't tell. That's not helpful.



The wedding reception I went to was for my lifelong friend Nichole's son. Holy crap! How is it that she has a son old enough to get married? It's crazy. We just ran in and out, and really only visited with Nichole since her son doesn't really know me. But it looked like a beautiful reception and Nichole looked beautiful. What a proud day for her and her husband Brian. Congratulations to them.



It turns out that having a 14-year-old around the house is trouble enough, but having a smitten 14 year old is a minefield. We have made it our goal to do everything we can to ruin her life (or so she seems to think). I expect it will get worse before it gets better. And she's the GOOD kid. Addie is already a drama queen. I shudder to think what she will be like as a teenager!

1 comment:

Dan and LaVon said...

I'm so sorry..I remember the pain. We'll pray for you!