Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's in a name

So now I am finally relieved of the body aches and fever, only to be replaced by head congestion and a sore throat. My handy-dandy nasal spray is helping with the nasal congestion, but the tylenol isn't helping too much with the sore throat. Hopefully it won't hang around too long. The cough is still persisting - seems the cough is always the last thing to go.



I had to go to the bank today, so since I was already out and about, I stopped at Walmart for my Turbo Tax. I really have to psych myself up to do the taxes, so that might still be a few days away. Here's my pet peeve of the day: I was in line at Walmart with my 4 items (turbo tax and 3 apple juice concentrates), and the person ahead of me in line has WAY MORE than her allowed 10 (or whatever) items, but tells the cashier it's ok, because she has to pay for everything seperately, therefore since each purchase is less than 10 items, it's ok. Um . . . NO!!! And she had a different envelope of cash for each purchase (and by cash, I mean mostly change) and it took FOREVER for her to check out. Annoying!



But enough of the whining. Since I wasn't feeling well, I made bean and bacon soup for dinner with cheddar bay biscuits. I made extra basting butter, so I could really slather it on there (just call me Mrs. Butterton) and they were so good. Surely there is some healing power in butter, right?



Back to the non-whining concept. I decided when I sat down to post this blog that I would try to find one thing that makes me smile in order to offset all the whining, and here's what I came up with. Addie comes up with the funniest names for her dolls and animals. I think I've written about that before. But as a refresher, she has Iddy, Clova, Snorda, Number One, and Doris (not a weird name, but Doris always referred to as "he" even though Addie insists it's a girl). Addie got a new doll for Christmas and she has been unable to come up with an appropriate name for the doll, until a few days ago. It may be the best name of them all: BEZODI.

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

Hope you continue to improve. JD has a cold now too. Yuck!