Monday, February 15, 2010

On the Mend

After nearly a week of believing I would cough up a lung at any moment, and having not coughed up said lung, I finally feel like I am on the mend. My coughing fits are reduced to only a few a day. I can even take deep breaths without triggering one! It's all very exciting and a huge relief to be feeling better.




I have almost even got my groove back and finally prepared a meal for the first time in over a week. Thank goodness Grandma was coming or I probably would have found an excuse to not prepare dinner and declare it Cereal Night again.




I coated my chicken breasts with my homemade ranch, mixed with a little tobasco and cayenne. Then I topped that with bacon and cheese and baked it. It was perfectly moist and tasted really good. I should have covered it while I baked it so the cheese looked prettier.


I also made some fresh pico de gallo because I really like that on my rice. I sprinkled just a little bit of cayenne and crushed red pepper flakes in the pico this time and it added a nice kick, but not too much.




Then I topped the chicken with fresh green onion after I took it out of the oven, since everything should have green onion on it.
For FHE we just took it easy and enjoyed the Olympics. Lane and Jack really moan when the figure skating is on. Lane doesn't think that figure skating is a real sport since it is judged, and thinks that they could really increase men's interest in the sport if the figure skaters had to do their routines while being shot at. That would turn it into a real sport, he says. If they live, they win.

2 comments:

Draper Duo said...

thats interesting, Jesse moaned the entire time also. He also had control of the remote sadly so anytime they took a break we miraculously were watching 20 other stations with everything but olympic ice skating. oh boys...

Kristen said...

Ty can't stand to watch the skating. That chicken looks yummy, I might have to try that out.