Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just do it!

Still no pictures. I have the best of intentions every day. But one thing leads to another . . . and, well . . . let's just say that I started the laundry on Saturday and finished it today. No, there wasn't any more laundry than ususal, just more interruptions. And that's the way things seem to go these days. My best laid plans get off track, and suddenly it's bedtime and there are no pictures and no blog.




Instead I have been spending time at the pool with my kids, happily reading my George Washington biography while they have their fun in the pool. It is very relaxing to sit there and read. If I tried to do that at home, I would be distracted by household chores (like laundry!) . . . or the phone . . . or the TV . . . or any number of shiny things that frequently divert my attention. So I have opted for a messy house while I enjoy my book and some much desired fresh air, a desire that comes from being cooped up all day in a window-less office.




On the positive side, I cruise in about 140 days or so. I don't care if that sounds like a long time, it's something for me to look forward to. I am still searching for airfare which I am hoping will drop some. It has been the same price for quite a while now, so maybe I should just jump on it lest it rise instead of fall. Sure as I book it, it will go on sale for $99 each way. That's my luck, and what happened last year when we went to New Orleans. I paid about $100 per person more than my brothers did when they booked their flights. I need to simply accept that I just never have good luck with such things. The cruise is set for Nov 15 - 20, for anyone who wants to join us. The more the merrier. We are going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Grand Caymen is absolutely beautiful. Cozumel is only OK, but it's the gateway to Tulum which is a must see. Our tour to Tulum is already arranged (we've been once before but are going again). So see - it's all set and you know you want to come with. JUST DO IT!!!

1 comment:

Draper Duo said...

Too bad you dont like Southwest cause they are having sales right now for $39/$79/$119 depending on distance. http://www.southwest.com/landing/birthdaysale.html?int=HOMEHEROBDSALE100622