Monday, June 28, 2010

And Baby Makes 3

My neice Kassie had her baby today. He's so cute! He's a nice-sized healthy baby, only 3 days early.


Way back when I had my first baby, my sister-in-law Michelle was kind enough to go and get me some dinner since Taylor was born after the hospital cafeteria had closed. She probably doesn't even remember doing it, but it meant a lot to me. I had gone all day long with nothing to eat and that Subway sandwich that she got me tasted so good after such an eventful day. So today I got to repay that favor, albeit to another person. I had told Kassie about Michelle getting me that sandwich that day, and promised her that I would bring her whatever she wanted when her baby came. A burrito from Cafe Rio was what she wanted, and I was happy to deliver it to her - and one for her husband too.


How exciting a new baby is! I thought about them all day at work and couldn't wait until the day was over and I could go see him. He is just perfect - no misshapen head or anything. Kassie even looked pretty good and said that everything had gone pretty well overall. I got to stay and visit with them for about 45 minutes and hold the baby for a lot of that time. He was awake and so sweet and looking all around. If his face brushed against my arm just right, he would turn his face in and open his mouth looking for something to eat. It was so cute and touched my heart, remembering when my babies were that small.


"The best days are the days that babies come," said Melanie Hamilton Wilkes in "Gone with the Wind." Truer words were never spoken.


Congratulations to Kassie, Jesse and little baby Emmett.

No comments: