Saturday, March 27, 2010

With love from the Butterton's

We had a family party today for Easter. I intended to make some cupcakes as my potluck item, but once I got started I just couldn't stop . . .


More mini cakes. Lane doesn't like frosting so they are perfect for him. Turns out my sister doesn't like frosting either, so she was pleased to have an option. They always turn out perfectly as long as I use a mix.




I forgot to get the mini eggs for the Easter cupcakes. The Maceys cashier even asked me specifically about mini eggs because they were on special. "No thanks," I replied. "Don't need 'em." I'm so stupid. I even had to make a second trip to Maceys because I forgot garbage bags and marachino cherries. And I still forgot the mini eggs.



Can a person baste too much? Nope, I didn't think so. Today's baking used well over a pound of butter. Is that a lot? Not for the Butterton family!


I basted the life out of this bread. I made 2 loaves and used a full cube of butter just on basting.
I really need to make something with cream cheese in it. I thought I was out of cream cheese so I bought 2 at the store (yeah, I remember THAT and forget the mini eggs). I had Jack and Addie clean out the fridge and I found out that I already had 3 bricks of cream cheese, making 5 with the 2 I just bought. I also have an over-abundance of sour cream, cheese, and whipped cream. I better stay out of the dairy department for a while.




No comments: