Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cooking School

Tuesday night I went with my neices, Kassie and Crissa, to the Taste of Home cooking school at the Marriott in Provo. Kassie had found out about it and invited us along. I was so excited to go, and it didn't disappoint. We got there about an hour early to check out the booths. When we signed in and got our goodie bags (that's a whole other topic right there) we were told there were free massages at the end of the hall. Whoo hoo! We headed straight there. We got our free 5 minute massages - just enough to tease me and remind me I'm long overdue for a GOOD massage - and went to check out the other booths. There was a huge crowd there and lots of cute stuff at the booths.




They started the class right at 7 and they just jumped right in to demonstrating the recipes. Everything looked so good! The hosts were funny and kept things moving right along. They had tons of door prizes to give away, and every time the hostess said, "Oooh, I'm not going to pronouce this name right," I was sure it was me. Nope. We're big ol' losers. People all around us won prizes, but not us. They even gave away the food they had cooked at the show!




But I didn't feel too bad about it, because I was so in love with my goodie bag. It's a good sized tote bag, and had in it the Cooking School book, full of recipes including the ones demonstrated. Then in addition to that, there was a magazine called "Simple and Delicious" that I turned pages down on as I browsed through it during the breaks in the show. Yeah, I turned down about half the pages. I'm so excited to try them out! I didn't even know that Taste of Home had another book besides the Eating Light one, or whatever it's called.



We also got a little calendar, sample spices from McCormick, Ziploc baggie samples, a weird little knife from Velveeta, and tons of recipes and coupons. I had THE BEST time, and hope that Kassie keeps track of these things so when the Cooking School comes to Provo again, we can go again. It was so much fun.




My mom subscribed me to Taste of Home I-don't-know-how-many years ago, and I love getting it. Some of my best and most loved recipes have come from there. I might have to start subscribing to the other one too, the Simple and Delicious one. Thanks, Kassie, for inviting me.

2 comments:

Syme Family said...

I know it is fun huh! I went twice while we lived in Logan. Once even by myself, which I never do. I always had a good time! I use to take the taste of home magazine too, but haven't had a subscription since we moved to NY. I miss it. I'll just have to look over your new ones!:)

JENNE said...

I know I have asked before, but can I hire you? I am serious!