Friday, March 5, 2010

Catching Up

Well, since Leslie was the only one interested in the apron, it made for a very simple drawing. Leslie, it's all yours. I hope you like it as much as I like mine.




We had a fun evening tonight. Lane didn't have to go to work tonight, so he had a dead-man-walking day, meaning he stayed up all day, after staying up all night working last night. After I was done at work, we went to the bank to deposit a few checks, then we went to the grocery store, which made it almost 4:00 by the time we got home. The kids spent the day at Grandma's since they had no school today, and since neither Lane nor I had had any lunch, we put away the groceries and went out for dinner. Yes dinner. At 4:00. We went down to Sizzler because I had a coupon and was feeling in a malibu chicken-y mood. I think we were the only people under 65 in the place. It really is the senior citizen hour. After dinner, we went next door to Big 5 sporting goods, and I found the cutest pair of Keds type shoes. So cute. And only $20 on clearance. I think it was for good reason they were on clearance - I tried on a pair and they seriously felt like some sort of medeival torture device. Not just uncomfortable. Painful. I think that anyone who wore those shoes would find a pool of blood in them at the end of the day. I even tried on a different size to make sure the first pair wasn't just a fluke, and they were awful too. Not just needs-to-be-broken-in painful, actually painful. Obviously, I passed on the cute shoes.




During dinner my neice Kassie texted me to see what we were doing. I've been wanting to hear about her new job, so later in the evening she and her husband Jesse came up just as the kids came home. So the 3 kids had fun beating Jesse at Mario Kart while Kassie and I caught up on what was going on in our lives. After Mario Kart we watched last night's episode of The Office (hilarious!!!) and Wednesday's episode of Psych. It was a nice, relaxing evening, just the sort of Friday night everyone needs to have to unwind at the end of the week.



I made a dress for Addie yesterday since she is all about dresses these days. She doesn't have enough "school" dresses to get her through the week without repeating, and she flat refuses to wear pants. I found some fabric at Walmart that was so cute I bought all 7 1/2 yards remaining on the bolt, even though I only needed 2 1/2.



I don't have to work tomorrow and there is no basketball game for Jack. I have big plans. I hope I can get as much done as I've planned.

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

YEAH!!I'm excited!!
The Office was hilarious!! We loved it.
Hope you have a productive day like you want!
We are hoping to play most of the day!