Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Things you may not know about me

Since we should all live in my world, which is a world where it's all about me . . . and since I have no great new insight nor wisdom to share . . . and since I didn't cook or bake today. . . I'm taking you on a scary trip called "Things you might not know (nor want to know) about me."











#1 - SOMETHING THAT MAKES ME LAUGH EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT - The "Tuttle" episode of MASH. That episode never gets old. Sure, I can quote nearly every line of the episode. But it makes me laugh, out loud, every time. Especially 2 lines: One by Frank Burns - "That's not true. I knew him best" and the other by Henry Blake - "He was the best damn OD we ever had." I'm laughing even while typing this. Truly a classic in television history.





#2 - SOMETHING I SECRETLY HOARD - Boxes. I blame this on my dad (a hoarder of more things than boxes). Almost nothing can get me as jazzed as a really great box. We got one the other day that our Direct TV DVR came in. Lane nearly threw it out - the horror! It is a truly excellent box and must be kept. I don't generally bother with shoe boxes. But the absolute best part of being an Avon Representative is the boxes. I get at least 2 per month, and they are the epitome of great boxes. I challenge anyone to find a box that can rival an Avon shipping box. Cannot be done.



#3 - SOMETHING THAT IS A GUILTY PLEASURE - "The Young and the Restless." I'm not proud of it. Luckily, my work schedule prevents me from watching it, and although I used to DVR it and watch it later, I now only keep up with it on the internet. It's stupid, and I'm ashamed, and yet I just can't seem to stop it. It's like Melrose Place back in the 90s. Yeah, I watched it, but I wasn't proud of it then either. Ok, so maybe I had a couple of ladies who came over every week to watch it with me, but I'm sure if I asked them now, they wouldn't be proud of it either.






#4 - MY LIFELONG DREAM - I'm serious about this. I would love to see a shuttle or rocket launch. That would be the coolest thing EVER!! The launch is my favorite part of Apollo 13, and probably that's as close as I will ever get to the real thing, but a girl can dream, right?





#5 - SOMETHING LOTS OF PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME - I graduated from college certified to teach history and English. No, really. It's true. I LOVE history. I love the mechanics side of English, but really hated all the literature classes. I did my student teaching at Spanish Fork Middle School, which was enough to show me that I was in the wrong field. I had one English class and one history class there that were a joy to teach, and the others were awful. I learned I don't have the temperment to put up with junior high age kids. So I never taught school. But I still love history.



No comments: