Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome to my Happy Place where I am Queen

Everyone should have a Happy Place, a place where you can close your eyes and escape when things in the real world just get to be too much, a place where everything is perfect . . .



Maybe my Happy Place wouldn't be your choice for a Happy Place, but I am Queen here and it brings me joy. My Happy Place has the best smell - freshly washed wooden decks, baking under the hot Miami sun. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but it has a smell. My brother and I joke about it through text messaging when we go on cruises. There is always a text from the lucky one on the cruise to the miserable one left at home: "Smelling the deck." I can still close my eyes and smell that relaxing smell that means that several carefree days are just about to begin.





My Happy Place also involves South Beach Miami. This is the hotel we like to stay at, the South Beach Marriott on Ocean Drive. We have always stayed in an ocean view room, and who wouldn't? Look at what we get to look out at! Plus it's only a few short blocks from a heavenly burger and shake at Johnny Rockets. Calgon, take me away!






There is nothing quite like the first glimpse of the ship waiting at the port. It makes my heart beat faster, just thinking about getting away from everything and being perfectly pampered for a few days - days that go by WAY too fast, and we have to leave - leave those sweet smelling decks for someone else.





I will miss South Beach again this year, we are going to Tampa. It will make South Beach that much more wonderful when we get back there. Or maybe Tampa could be my new Happy Place. I don't know, even on Google Maps South Beach is gorgeous (yes, I visit Google maps to appease my South Beach needs), and Tampa - well, not so much.




237 days and counting.





Thanks for visiting my Happy Place. Please come again soon.




No comments: