Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Are we done YET?

I'm pretty much over winter by January 1. Truth be told, I'm over it before then, but it kinda fits in nicely with the whole Christmas ambiance thing. By the time January is over, and we get teased by the Annual February Thaw, I am WAY over winter. But it always comes to rear it's ugly head again . . . and again in March . . . again in April . . . and at least one last gasp in May just to show who's really in control. Sometimes it goes on into June. If it isn't snow in June, then it's rain . . . and rain . . . and still more rain. Don't even bother with the whole "but we need the water" concept. I'm bored with that.


Some years ago my mom took me to see "Camelot" up in SLC (with Robert Goulet, no less), and it was then that I decided that I need to live in Camelot. Who wouldn't want to live there?


"A law was made a distant moon ago here:
July and August cannot be too hot.
And there's a legal limit to the snow here
In Camelot.
The winter is forbidden til December
and exits March the second on the dot.
By order summer lingers through September
in Camelot.
. . .
The rain may never fall til after sundown.
By eight the morning fog must disappear.
I short there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happlily-ever-aftering
than here in Camelot."
Yeah, I gotta move there. Particularly on a typical February/Utah day like this that started off so beautifully sunny and warm and ended so nasty and windy and cold. It is for this very reason that this is part of of my homepage. Lane and I sat at this very beach just last November, although it seems like a lifetime ago.
Must get back to 7 Mile Beach.
Soon.

1 comment:

Draper Duo said...

We need to have a girls night and watch Camelot. Love that movie!