Sunday, September 11, 2011

. . . and still more, but I think this is it

These pictures are from the bike tour Jack and I took at Half Moon Cay:


There's a stingray in the water




More beautiful beach and tourquoise water


Me riding on my bike/death trap. Luckily the ride was mostly along level ground, because I found out that my brakes were . . . well, lacking.





One of the places we stopped for a breather. Lots of mosquitos in this area of the island.







Jack on our ride.



Overall, we had a good time on the ride. It was short, only an hour and 15 minutes start to finish, including selecting a bike and finding a helmet to fit, and too many (in my opinion) breaks. The island was beautiful, the ride was just right challenging-wise, but I wish is had been longer and our tour guide had been more interesting. She had clearly memorized her script and acted like showing us around was a huge annoyance she wanted to get out of the way. In the past we have had really great tour guides, so this was a disappointment. There was also a bike/hike combo tour that I think I would do instead if I could do it over.








No comments: