Sunday, June 5, 2011

For Stephanie

It came to me in the middle of the night. Sometimes great epiphanies come to me that way, but the problem is that when I wake up I can't remember the epiphany, just that I had one. But somehow this one stayed with me.



Remember the missing roll recipe? It finally dawned on me that it's a Taste of Home recipe. Not only that, I even remembered the name of the rolls. And so I give you:



Potluck Pan Rolls Recipe




Ingredients

  • 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
  • 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
  • 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour

Directions

  • In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/2 cup water. Add the butter, eggs, milk powder, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar and water. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
  • Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
  • Punch dough down. Divide into 27 pieces; shape into balls. Place 18 balls in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan and remaining balls in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
  • Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 27 rolls.


If I want to make bread bowls, I just follow the same recipe but only divide the dough into about 8 parts and bake them on a baking sheet for a little bit longer.


Enjoy!!


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for the recipe i can't wait to try them. I also can't wait to try the buffalo chicken wrap recipe as well. Yummy!! Thanks again :)