Sunday, May 29, 2011

HEY - did I mention . . .?

Easter morning, all fancied-up in clothes from Grandpa and Grandma Funk. Aren't they pretty?


Addie at the piano recital - "Old MacDonald"

Taylor - Medley from "Pirates of the Carribbean "

Jack - Theme from "The Office"


Yes, I know I'm slow on the Easter pictures. But the camera was WAY upstairs. Sometimes - just sometimes - I get lazy. The recital pictures are only about a week old, so I'm getting better.


The school year is winding down. I am always glad for the end of school because it means a little freedom from the structure and fights about homework (Addie), bedtime (also Addie), "you are not wearing THAT to school" (again, Addie), piano lessons (Jack & Addie), over-scheduled evenings (all 5 of us). This gladness last only until about June 20, by which time I have gotten over myself and want them back in school because they are driving me crazy.


Our pool pass last year was a tremendous way to release all our aggravations. I could sit and read my book quietly (note to self: get more books) while the 3 aggitators had their fun. The 2011 pool pass has been purchased and we are now just waiting for 1) the pool to open, and 2) the rain to stop, PLEASE stop, so we can get on with our lives. Come sit by me if you see me at the pool. I'll be in the lounge chair in the shade reading a good book and pretending I didn't see whatever it was that Jack just did.


I also announce with great braggery (don't think that's a word, but it suits my intended meaning) that my running is still on, and on Friday completed 25 minutes of non-stop running. I'll admit, the last 3-4 minutes were tough. And I am still on a treadmill. I do set the treadmill on a slight incline to try to compensate, even in a small way, for the fact that it is a treadmill. Anyway, 25 minutes of running comes out to almost 1.75 miles. The C25k training is nearly complete. I have proudly completed Week 6, and the training finishes up at Week 9 with a 30 minute run, so you can see, I've nearly done it. If it would ever stop raining, I will try running outside and see how much time I lose. I'm pretty sure I can't do 1.75 miles outside, but I am interested to see what I can do. And if I've learned anything at all since I started this Odyssey, it's that I can do more than I think I can.


Plus I've lost 2 more pounds.


Xactware also has a contest going. Anyone who walks or runs 647 miles by September 15th-ish(I forget the exact date) will be entered in a drawing for Disneyland tickets (I think they said that is the distance to Disneyland, or something like that). I am on track to meet that, walking/running a little over 80 miles so far. Unfortunately, today I will come up WAY short, thanks again to the non-stop rain, so I'll have to make that up somewhere. Hey - I got in 7 miles on a Saturday just from doing yardwork, housework, grocery shopping, and 2 trips to Home Depot.


Did I mention I ran for 25 minutes?


Kassie is trying to bail out on her promise to run the 5k with me. Don't let her.


I have found a good replacement roll recipe since I lost mine. I'll post it soon for Stephanie (and anyone else who cares). I would post it now, but it's WAY upstairs.


I should also apologize to Stephanie and Molly for calling them stupid.


Did I mention I ran for 25 minutes?


2 comments:

Draper Duo said...

I wont bail, just like to whine and complain cause your going to show me up big time. Need to register I guess. By the way isnt a 5k like 3.1 miles?

Davis Family said...

Goooooooo Lari!! Way to put up with your kids & way to keep running lady!! That was a funny post and I giggled the whole time reading - thanks :)