Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why it's important to read the label

Here is what I learned today:



1) Allow for a recovery day between C25K sessions. Having such successful runs the last two sessions have made me cocky and so I went to run again today. This overly optimistic activity is why I'm sitting here now, with bags of frozen corn on my shins, wallowing in self-pity in the knowledge that I was able to complete only 2 minutes of my last 5 minute run. This is what I get for allowing an 8 year old to convince me to go again with "You can do it, Mommy! I know you can!" Now I know that she's a liar.



2) Normally one of my favorite songs, "Beautiful Day" by U2 is a truly craptastic song for running when you just want to die and there is nothing beautiful about the day at all. Except the Beautiful People at the gym who run lap after effortless lap. I hate them. I hate them all. I need to thank Pink and Fallout Boy for getting me through most of my run, but "Beautiful Day" may have to be removed from the playlist.



3) Samoas make EVERYTHING better. Everything. Every single little thing.



4) I read the label for Nutter Butters and since it turns out they have both fiber and protein, I'm now considering them a household staple and a health food. I suggest you do the same.

No comments: