Monday, May 6, 2013

My (current) Favorite Things

Ok, so these pictures turned out really small.
 
 
So since I have been quite negligent in Blog upkeep, and since I have nothing notewothy to say, I've decided to once again post a "Things I Can't Live Without" list.
 
I've done such a list before, but these are the things that are on my mind right now, either as a new discovery or a tried-and-true friend. So here we go . . .
 
 

 
 I sold Avon for about 14 or 15 years.  No really.  The reason you don't know is because I was not at all good at it.  During that period of time, Avon would turn over products with some degree of regularity and it always seemed that whatever product I totally fell in love with, they would promptly discontinue.  That's just how my luck goes.  But I am sad to say that never, NEVER, in the course of my Avon Lady years did I try the Cracked Heel Relief Cream.  I have The. Roughest. Heels. Ever.  I have tried all kinds of stuff to make them all baby smooth-like, but nothing could ever seem to soften the disgusting elephant skin on my feet (grossed out yet?).  So I finally ordered the Cracked Heel Cream.  So let me just say, that for anyone who has heels that can rival mine - this is your new best friend.    Seriously, there was a notable difference in about 2 days.  And continued daily use has only made them better.    And it's totally cheap too - $2.99 on sale.  LOVE IT!!!  Give it a try.  P.S.  This doesn't count as outrageous pandering because I'm not an Avon Lady anymore.  But I can hook you up with one!  :)




Many of my Pinterst attempts have not gone so well.  You know, the pictures on Pinterest that are total flops labeled "Nailed It!"  Yeah, that's me.  Well, I've got one that totally worked.  Worked better than I thought.  We go through gallons of Roundup during a summer and as The Cheapest Person Alive, I'm always totally offended at the cost of Roundup.  So I pinned a homemade Roundup Concoction, and I sprayed it on the weeds growing in our front yard with, I will admit, a fair amount of skepticism.  Later in the day I told Lane what I had done and asked how long it should take to work.  With an equal or greater amount of skepticism in his tone, he answered that the weeds should start to wilt within a few hours.  So we went and looked, and what do you know?  The weeds were wilting.  The grass growing in the cracks remained unphased, however, but I was thrilled to be able to gloat just a little bit.  Ok, a lot.  Ok, I may have done the I Told You So dance on the front lawn.  And the good news just keeps getting better:  the grass has since turned yellow and is dying.  Whoo hoo!


Recipe for said Homemade Roundup (for dirt cheap):  2 cups white vinegar, 1 Tablespoon salt, 1 Tablespoon dish soap.  That's it.  Mix it up in a spray bottle and spray away!  It costs pennies!!!  I Told You So dance is optional, but strongly encouraged.





 
 
And back we are to Avon again.  I love Avon.  I realize that may make me a 75 year old woman, but seriously, I love their stuff.  This little treasure is the Avon Care 3 in 1 Cleanser.  It cleans everything off my face, and I do mean everything.  If I use a little toner or something after I wash my face, there is nothing on the cotton ball.  Every.  Thing.  

 
After many attempts to be all high-tech and track my life on my phone like an educated, worldly woman of 2013, I have found that the old school paper planner works so much better.  It is just faster for me, I can view more stuff at once . . . And with 3 kids and a job I need to know not only what is happening right now, but what is coming up tomorrow and the day after.  Sometimes technology isn't the answer and the old tried-and-true is just the way to go.

After being a lifetime devote to the Bic Crystal Pen (black ink only, please) I have switched my allegiance to the clicky top.  I think this is because I have managed to raise 3 children who lack the ability to put the lid from the pen back on the pen and I have spent 17 years picking up random pen lids from here, there and everywhere, and I lack the ability to use a Bic Crystal Pen (black ink only, please) that doesn't have a lid.  It's quite a conundrum.  The clicky-top solves that problem quite simply, but presents a new problem - I can't guarantee blank ink only.  If we could all just band together and let all the business who give away clicky top pens know that black is awesome and blue is lame, then that would really help me out.

1 comment:

Alecia said...

Always love your posts, you need to put me in your email list our something. If there was a like button, I'd like it everytime. :)