Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm Such a Scout Nerd



It is an amazing thing when something I do turns out better than expected.  It is a rare occurance, making it even more noteworthy.  So as one who has been sentenced to serving in scouts for a prolonged time, I will impart of my wisdom.


Go.  To.  Roundtable.


It turns out it really is that simple.  So I'll say it again.


Go.  To.  Roundtable.


I have a box of scout stuff.  Actually, I have multiple boxes, but we'll focus here on just the one.  Since my latest tour of duty began - almost 3 years ago - I finally got smart and created lesson plans.  The lesson plans are stapled to the inside of a folder and all the lesson materials are in said folder and filed in the Scout Stuff Box.  Then when I do go to Roundtable or other training meeting I can just insert any handouts into the already established folder.  So simple.  Why I didn't think of this during my other Tours, I don't know.  But lessons now in the 3rd year are blissfully simple.


Tonight was Citizen.  Luckily, recently at a Roundtable the Webelos instructor handed out a big-ole packed of Citizen materials.  And it was all new stuff to me.  Citizen Jeopardy anyone?  Totally fun.  The boys ate it up like candy.  And WAY-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y more fun than my previous lesson plan and accomplished all the same stuff.  Next week we have Citizen Pictionary and Citizen Beat the Clock. I'm totally excited.


Who needs a ride to Roundtable next week?  You know I'll be there!

1 comment:

DeShawn said...

I have another suggestion:

Go. To. Wood Badge.

I'll say it again.

Go. To. Wood Badge.