Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sorry, Lane. Jack's taller.


So I cleaned out the coat closet the other day.  I found Jack's old snow suit.  That's how big he was when we moved into this house.  We laughed and laughed at how he's now twice the boy he was when we moved.  I also found miles and miles of oxygen tubing, and the little "tender grips" to hold the oxygen to a baby's face.  Why in the world was I holding on to that??


 Jack's 14th birthday fell on a Sunday, so he got to be ordained a Teacher that day.  Look at me, all smiling nice for the picture only to find out now - right now - that Lane and Jack were trying to out-tall each other.  All this time I thought we had a nice little picture to commemmorate Jack's big day.  I should have known better.



Taylor got asked to Homecoming and asked me to make her a dress.  We found a cute pattern and it sewed up pretty quick and easy, although it would have helped if I had cut the pattern pieces out correctly.  I cut one out wrong enough (wth?  I've been cutting patterns for a long time now!) that I thought I would have to go buy more fabric, but I think some minor adjusting worked out ok.





 I guess Lane just can't be normal in a picture.  Taylor's expression is pretty priceless.



See?  They do love each other!

No comments: