Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's probably more than you really wanted to know

It's a terrible thing to have to waste a PTO day acutally being sick. I don't frequently get sick-sick. Normally it's just more of an "under the weather" sort of thing where I lay around mostly. But this was sick-sick. Knock-Me-On-My-Butt sick. Thankfully it appears to be a 24 hour sort of thing.


Everything was all well and good yesterday. Nothing out of the ordinary. Went to work, made dinner with Lane (haystacks), and then went out to pick up Jack from practice. Driving home I started to feel pretty blah, but I had promised to take Taylor to buy a few things she needed, and I had wanted to go to Kohls. But as I drove home I kept feeling worse and worse, and despite my better judgement - which was to put Taylor off and go get in bed - I went ahead and took her to Walmart since it's way closer than Kohls. I sent her to get one item while I went the other direction to get the other hoping it would speed things up. But finding her item took a little longer than expected so I kept sitting down on a bench every few minutes because I was afraid I might actually pass out. We got done in a reasonable amount of time, and I checked out at the jewelry counter to speed things along and I drove home, sprinted into the house, and climbed in bed.


It proved to be one of the most miserable nights of my life and I stayed home today. After the kids all got off to school, I finally fell asleep for about 3 hours and felt tons better after that. I even managed to make it to my dentist appointment today, which worked out pretty well since I was already miserable. I hate dental exams.


In other news, Jack is super busy these days. His basketball league regular season finished up at the end of February. His team made it to the semi-finals where they lost to a really good team from Lehi. He is now in March league and they have only played one game and his team won. He also decided (with only a little prodding from me) to join the track team at school. So on Tuesdays and Fridays he has basketball practice from 5 until 6 and he has track practice every day from 3 until 4:15. That means on Tuesdays and Fridays he doesn't get home from school at all until 6 pm. Add to that this month he has Pow Wow at BYU on 2 Saturdays, a band competition, and and FCCLA Star Event and State Convention, for which he needs to make more Plarn. Lane decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and let Jack use his cell phone so we can keep track of Jack. As part of his Ultimate Sacrifice he got a new smart phone, which he is still figuring out.


Taylor is still looking for a job. I think 16 1/2 years of indoctrination have worked since she is thinking Snow College might be the best place for her to start college. College. How weird is that? She took the ACT exam this week and will likely take it again next month. She also has Choir Tour coming up in April and will finally get to go to Disneyland, since her mean and neglectful parents have never provided that opportunity. I hope it lives up to her dreams.


As for Addie, we have an appointment scheduled for her at PCMC in early April. Her PT/INR has been good for a while now and so we haven't had to make any adjustments to her coumadin and she has to get her blood drawn only about once a month. Much better than every 2 weeks.


So my new stove is totally awesome. I love getting a new toy. Finally, all of my appliances match - or so I thought until I realized the range hood is still almond. I guess I'll need to replace that. It's so good to be rid of that stupid smooth top stove. Whoever invented something so stupid? They should be shot.

No comments: