Tuesday, August 30, 2011

He did it. He really, really did it.

We ran/walked/ran again the Sunlight Over Africa 5k on Saturday. We had a good time (even Lane, though he refuses to admit it), and I managed to beat my Strawberry Days time by 2 1/2 minutes, which is shocking considering we had to go up Battle Creek from Locust to our church. That's a beast of a hill! But we didn't finish last (nearly last is NOT last) and I had a lot of fun doing it. I ran almost 2 miles straight and felt great. We lost Lane along the way and I was pretty sure he had either gone home or to his Grandma's, whose house is along the course. I'm proud to admit he did neither, though he does admit he considered it.




Jack and I coming down the home stretch



Sorry, I know pictures like this should not be for public viewing, but you take a risk by reading my blog and this time it didn't pay off well for you, did it?


Lane came along not too long after us. The event organizer refused to let him walk across the finish line, so she ran along with him until he was done.





Almost there . . .







All of us at the end. Lane is enjoying a peach, and still giving me the stink eye. I warned him I was going to sign him up. It's his own fault he didn't take me seriously. He should know better by now.









1 comment:

Syme Family said...

Proud of all of you! I don't think I could make it!