Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Girl Needs to Plan Ahead

531.08 miles.


That's how far I have walked/run/hiked since May 10. If I do say so myself, that's a long way.


It has been a good thing, this Healthy Employee program at my work. I can always get someone to go out walking/running/hiking with me. And even Lane has stopped complaining. Don't get me wrong - he's still not embracing it - but he has stopped whining about it. Did I say whining? What I meant was joining in reluctantly.


My visiting teachers have allowed me to join them for a 5:00 am walk to the water tank 3 times a week. That's a big hill! And 5:00 is really early. But I'll keep going as long as they will let me . . . it's a good walk.


So school is about to start. I am so ready. Despite all my best intentions to buy everthing so I don't have to go back to Walmart, I'm pretty sure I'll end up going back to Walmart. I hate Walmart. Or, I should say, I hate the Lindon Walmart. It is worth my time and gas to drive to the one in Cedar Hills where they generally have more than 2 cashiers working. More than once I have given up in frustration, handing all my stuff to that cashier who does nothing but oversee the self-checkout and storm out of the store telling that cashier person that I was going to Target. I think I can probably drive to the Target in American Fork and still get done faster than at the Lindon Walmart. Ok, Walmart vent over. I feel better.


Vacation is in 16 days. 5 of those days are weekends, and they go by fast. 3 of those days are Fridays, and they also go by fast. 1 day is the last day of summer vacation - fast. 1 day is the first day of school, 2 days really because of the A day B day thing - fast. So really it's like 5 days away. (Seinfeld)


I still need to get Lane a new Hawaiian shirt, which he will gripe about but still wear because he knows it isn't worth the fight. Jack thinks he wants a Hawaiian shirt too. Yes, I have started packing and making lists . . . and thinking about where to go next year!

No comments: