Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stupid

Wanna know how stupid I am? Well, figure how stupid you already KNOW I am, and then know I am even stupider than that.


I go to work at 8:00 am. For a few days I have been expecting a new computer, and the IT guy came and delivered it this morning. I don't remember what time, but somewhere between 9 and 10. So he got the new computer all hooked up and I began resetting my personal settings, such as wallpaper (a tranquil beach scene) and transferring my personal files from the network.


As the morning wore on, I was stunned at how slowing it was going by. I was plenty busy, time should not have been dragging. I was starving by 11 and I don't usually eat until 1. By the time 1 finally rolled around, after what seemed like the longest morning EVER, I went to the break room to cook my lunch and was surprised that no one else was in there. There is usually at least one other person in there cooking their lunch. So I cooked my lunch and went back to my desk. I read my book while I eat and was surprised when I was notified of a team meeting in my supervisor's office. Again, I was surprised that a meeting would be held during the hours between 12 - 2, since that's when people have their lunches . . . but whatever. I left my lunch on my desk and went to the meeting.


When the meeting was over, I went back to my lunch and my book and then back to work. Later, I sent an email to a co-worker and he never responded. AGAIN I was surprised because he usually responds pretty fast. Hmmm . . . I thought. He must have gone home early today.


I leave work at 4:30. Today I needed to be sure to leave on time because Taylor was at home watching Addie until I got home and she wanted to go to the JV football game and I needed to take Addie to American Fork hopsital for another blood draw. So at 4:20 I was winding things up . . . completing the days work so I could leave right on time. It was at this time I got a curious text from Taylor: "Where r u?" What the heck was she taking about? I had told her this morning that I would be home at 4:45.


So to make a long story even longer, it was at this time that I decided to look at my watch instead of the time on the computer. While the computer clock showed 4:20, my watch showed 5:20!


Suddenly, the whole day made sense. I didn't eat lunch at 1:00 as usual - I ate lunch at 2:00! No wonder the morning had dragged on for so long! I never look at my watch at work, since it's handier to look at the clock so conveniently placed in the lower right corner of my computer monitor. So I raced home and got Taylor to her game and Addie to the hospital, where I was pleased to find out that we didn't have to wait at all. And, the silver lining to the whole thing is that I can leave early tomorrow!


Except that knowing myself as I do, I will forget to change my computer clock and I'll still end up being there an extra hour! I am so stupid!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sorry, but this made me laugh!